Currently I've shaped the edge of the body, and cut a notch for the thru-neck.
Instead of doing a rounded edge like on a Stratocaster I tried something different. I put a deep cove in the edge of the top face.
I didn't want to lose the "horn" points in the flat of the surface, so the shape doesn't reach in as much around that area. I did a gradual tapering out so it wouldn't be noticeable. You can see it better in the picture after this one.
Later when I decide just exactly where I want the neck to rest I can trim off the excess at the butt end, and shape it to match the shape of the body.
It's finally starting to look like a guitar but I still have a lot more to do on it. I'm trying to come up with a way to put in the pickups so I remove the least amount of wood possible. I don't want to lose all of the stripes in the thru-neck. I guess I'll be routing in from the back, and then cover the back with a plate (unless anyone has a good idea for me.)
I could route pickup slots in the face too, but if I do then they will require additional plates for something to screw the pickups to. That means more of the wood would be hidden. I want as much wood as possible to show. A lot of my striping got covered up by the fretboard, but other than using a clear fretboard I couldn't think of any way around it.