Wednesday, November 4, 2009

CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS! CHRISTMAS!!

I felt cheated out of my Halloween this year. Before Halloween was even here the stores were already selling Christmas stuff. Thanksgiving isn't even here yet for crap's sake!! As I get older I am starting to dread Christmas. It took me a long time to be able to admit it to myself because as a kid it was the greatest day ever. As a kid the gifts poured in, as an adult I get a pair of socks.

In honor of Christmas I am submitting this festive red and green drawing. Print it full scale on card stock, cut it out and put it together! Fill it with red jellybeans or Advils or something. I made pills out of wooden dowels and painted them red. Merry Christmas!
CLICK TO ENLARGE

7 comments:

  1. PS - I agree about the Christmas thing...I went to the store the day after Halloween for half=price candy (I'm a cheap bastard!)and the freakin' shelves were stocked with christmas candy! Unbelievable!

    Nice packaging, KW...you'll notice I didn't say 'nice package', that would sound gay...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the "how to" diagram, nice touch on a very funny idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense you working yourself up into a scrooge-like rash of bitter rants over Christmas. All I can say is that it's the most wonderful time of the year and godbless us everyone, dammit! Who gives a crap about Thanksgiving anyway? ;-)

    Loved this ad, and really loved the fine print. I notice the manufacturer suggests no more than 13 applications per hour. How did they come up with this exact figure?

    Forget I asked. -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how they came up with 13. I'm sure it was very scientific though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's called "Christmas Creep," and it gets earlier every year. Target had Halloween AND Christmas stuff out together at the end of September.

    They might as well just leave the Xmas crap out year-round.

    I've also grown to hate Xmas, or rather what it's become. I've been fighting an ongoing battle with my family for years to scale back and simplify, but it never works.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Christmas Creep" sounds ALMOST the same as what I was calling it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails