Thursday, November 12, 2009

BABOON COCOONS (from the Moon)

When I'm bored I usually draw one of two things: monkeys or frankensteins. It always seems to come down to that. I guess a Frankenmonkey would be the most perfect thing I could ever draw. I don't dare draw it though because then the fantasy would be over.

Today was monkey day. I added some words so it would look like a book cover. The more distant the monkeys were, the less opaque I made them so they seemed like they were fading in the distance.

Here's a single monkey pod.

Maybe when these monkey pods hit the ground they sprout arms and legs so they're mobile, and able to make trouble.

7 comments:

  1. I love the 3D effect you are able to get...hot shit!! awesome monkey face!! Great design! i especially love the monkey pods with legs! looking forward to reading the inordinately long graphic novel to come!
    everytime I come here i am getting inspired artistically...beautiful stuff, Keith! Keep goin', man!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith, you're my new hero and favorite creator...
    how can your blog keep getting better and better???
    your fan,
    r/e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apocolyte - Thanks! I need help on that novel! You help me write it! Yeah!

    R/E - Thanks friend! That makes my day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally inspiring Keith!!

    These designs are perfect and just might be the best thing ever!!

    Are youseriously writing a graphic novel?

    I'll buy one for sure based on the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't really planning on writing a huge novel, but it does seem kind of fun. I need to think up a plot.
    Thanks for the kind words!
    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOINKS! - awesome designs my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails