Thursday, September 10, 2009

FISH-EATING BEAR EATING FISH

I can post a step-by-step of this one later. I'm not real happy with the grass but I don't know if anyone will be looking at the grass (Although who can avoid it now that I've mentioned it.)

After I finished this painting I used a watered down amber color and brushed over the entire thing. That makes it look antique, and unifies all the colors. I've only done this trick a few times, but it improved the results of each painting I've tried it on.

If you try this wash-trick be sure to allow your original painting to dry over night first. That way if you don't like the results of amber wash, you can lightly wipe off just that layer with a damp paper towel and you won't affect the actual painting underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails