Friday, July 31, 2009

CHICKEN FEET

Is it a severed baby's hand? No! It's a delicious chicken foot! These are very popular in China. I saw them all over, at just about every restaurant we went to. I refused to eat one, or even touch one for that matter, and the only way they could get me to taste it was to trick me.

Be sure to click and enlarge this picture to see all the disgusting detail.

One particular day when I wasn't suspecting anything, they gave me a battered, deep-fried thing all clumped together into an indistinguishable shape. When I asked what it was, they said "chicken" and they stayed calm and low-key to avoid bringing attention to it.

I nibbled at it and found it was mostly skin and not too much meat. They kept watching me as I nibbled at it which made me distrustful. Sometimes they would giggle too. Eventually I ate enough of it away to see little white human-like knuckles and I knew instantly I'd been duped. Then everyone laughed at me. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails