Wednesday, April 14, 2010

BIG EAR SIGNAL

Here's an illustration for an album written and recorded by Tom Meigs. By day he writes and records music for video games. By night he fights crime incognito, and now he's gone and recorded an album just for the heck of it.

These songs are very reminiscent of the soundtracks to old sci fi movies from the 70s. There are a lot of old vintage Moog type synthesizers and space sounds mixed all through it. It's very entertaining, and for me, even a little therapeutic and comforting in the form of nostalgia. I like to let it play in while I draw. It's available on Amazon and they have samples for listening.



Here's the original uncolored ink drawing.

5 comments:

  1. G I A N T R O B O T ~ ! !

    This is wonderful, KW~! The colors are just right in every way, accentuating your powerful pencil & inks~! I especially enjoy the mutant Termite CROWD watching from the base of the mound beyond~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much KW! You're the absolute best! I couldn't have imagined a more perfect image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great palette on this on Keith.

    Solid posing and the staging is perfect.

    And as always the design is top notch....the termite just slays me....perfect!

    I'd by this CD for the cover alone!

    I will check it out on amazon for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you were born to create illustrations like this! fantastic work as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Lysdexicuss, Tom, Willy and Brad,
    It was very fun. I'm happy to get to have a part in the project.

    The color scheme is mostly purple and orange. Then I added a little bit of green since that's the 3rd prong of a triangular fork on a color wheel.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails