Thursday, October 29, 2009

MINI-QUESTOR PROJECT PART 9

Two things happened today.

1. He got a white undercoat:


2. He got painted silver from head to toe.


I don't usually mess with an undercoat, but silver paint is a weird thing. It's very watery. It's almost like water with little metallic flakes mixed in. Without an undercoat, the silver paint seems to absorb into wood as many times as I care to brush it on. The white provides a barrier. Even with the white undercoat, it took 3 coats of silver before it looked evenly coated.

Tomorrow I'll do the detailing.

3 comments:

  1. KW,
    I love your robot making; it's inspirational enough to make me want to go out to several hobby stores, buy some stuff and try to do something...anything myself. I admire your skill and imagination.
    I discovered your coolness via our mutual friend Mykal (over at the Gold Key & Big Blog of Kid's Comics blogs)
    best,
    r/e

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!

    Rogueevolent - take pictures of your progress!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails