Friday, October 30, 2009

MINI-QUESTOR PROJECT PART 10

These are the final steps in the Mini-Questor project.

I painted his back details to match the colors of the original larger version.


I painted his front details. It's not very clear in this picture, but also I glued wires in the holes on his chest.


While that stuff dried I got some wire and bent it to match his antenna.


On the top of the antenna, I made a little ball and painted it yellow. The ball is made by rolling up some 2-part epoxy putty like the kind Billy Mays was always hawking on tv. Then I pushed it onto the wire before it cured. You have about 5 minutes and then it becomes as hard as a rock.


He's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo close to being finished now.


I used Gorilla Glue to glue the bubblegum machine container to his neck ring. Be careful with this stuff. The container says it expands 3 - 4 times its original size and they ain't kiddin! A tiny drop the size of a sesame seed expands to the size of junebug! If I didn't know better I'd swear it was the same thing as that spray foam insulation stuff. I just held it together by hand until the glue dried. It took about 10 minutes. When you are holding something tightly 10 minutes seems more like 30.


After that dried, I drilled a little hole in his helmet and into his brain for the antenna to attach. I didn't have a small drill bit the size of the skinny wire, so I put another straight piece of that same wire into the drill and used it to drill the hole. Then I used that Gorilla Glue again to mount the antenna onto the brain and the bubble.


Tomorrow after he's good and dry I'll put his head on his body and be done with him. YAY!

4 comments:

  1. whew! it has been really fun and dare i say "educational" watching you build this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Brad! This is like watching Mr. Super cool Science! - Mykal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails